One of OKECA’s main functions is to inspire trust to the general public when they use one of its members to perform a clean. Our Code of Practice is followed by all our Members and their agreement to adhere to it is one of the main prerequisites for a company or sole trader to become a Member.
OKECA’s Code of Practice
- It is the responsibility of each Member to ensure that they maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- It is the responsibility of each Member to understand, train on and follow Health & Safety practices to protect themselves and their clients.
- All Members must have valid business liability insurance with at least £1,000,000 cover in place and up to date. Members found without a valid liability insurance will be immediately expelled from OKECA until they can prove that they have valid liability insurance.
- It is a great advantage for Members to have a valid Police Check for all their staff working at the public’s homes. This shows that we are Members of an Association that wants to provide clients with the peace of mind that they are hiring trustworthy professionals. You can acquire a Basic DBS Check from the UK Government at this link.
- All Members have at least one website where potential customers can see their reviews. This can be TrustPilot, Checkatrade, Google, Facebook etc. or at least 5 independent reviews on the company website from clients not associated with the company in any other capacity.
- All Members must advertise and promote their services accurately and concisely, making their pricelist clear and unambiguous to the client. Prices must be quoted in advance to the client. Businesses quoting clients and then claiming additional hidden costs, go against the Code of Practice OKECA adheres to.
- Members who are asked by the public for service / business recommendations in different area than the one they operate in, must always recommend OKECA Members first. This promotes the healthy expansion of OKECA and benefits all its members greatly.
- Members are expected to participate in OKECA initiatives that promote the scopes of professional oven, kitchen and extraction cleaning.
Acceptance of all the above is required for your Membership to be approved.